Any member of the IPM is expected to comply with the IPM Memorandum and Articles of Association.
There are also separate Terms & Conditions that must be followed, firstly when applying for membership and secondly while an organisation is an IPM member.
Terms & Conditions of Application
1. All applications for membership must be completed online.
2. Membership of the IPM is available to brand owners, service providers or agencies.
3. The IPM Board has sole discretion to determine whether an application for membership is accepted.
4. Subject to the above requirements having been met, membership is effective upon acceptance of the application by the IPM Board and on payment of the Membership Fee.
5. The IPM Board reserves the right to reject a Membership application for any reason it deems appropriate.
6. The applicant will be notified of such a decision in writing and any Membership fee will be refunded within 28 days of the Board’s decision.
7. Membership of the IPM is not open to individuals (other than Sole Traders).
8. Applicants must ensure that all information provided is, to the best of their knowledge, complete and accurate at the date of application. Where false or misleading information is provided, the IPM reserves the right to terminate Membership without refund.
9. All organisations applying for IPM membership must provide two business references from organisations that are either existing members of the IPM or are currently trading with the organisation applying for Membership.
10. Details of any principals of the company applying for membership who have held a similar position in a company that has gone into insolvent liquidation in the last five years or who has been the subject of a Disqualification Order under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1985 should be clearly stated in your application and may, depending on the circumstances, affect acceptance of your membership application.
Terms & Conditions that apply to Members
1. Members are required, as a condition of Membership, to undertake to:
a. Conduct their promotional marketing activities at all times in accordance with the UK Non-Broadcast Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing and with the UK Broadcast Code of Advertising Practice (“the CAP Code”), and with any other codes of practice or conduct as laid down by the IPM Board from time to time;
b. Conduct their promotional marketing activities in such a way as not to affect prejudicially the well-being or reputation of the IPM or the promotional marketing industry;
c. Comply with any adjudication or conclusion reached by the IPM or Advertising Standards Authority (“the ASA”) and/or the related Appeals Commissioners;
d. Pay the requisite IPM Annual Membership fee within 30 days of invoice.
2. The IPM Board may suspend or expel any Member who is found to have ceased to meet the IPM’s Membership criteria, or who after a fair hearing, is found to have prejudiced the well-being or reputation of the IPM or promotional marketing industry.
3. Members will be registered as either Agency, Brand Owner or Service Provider, depending on which sector is appropriate to their business.
4. Members’ rights regarding the election of representatives to the IPM Board are exercised through these sectors.
5. All Memberships are calendar based and renewal invoices are sent out automatically 3 months in advance of either the commencement of the new Membership or renewal date of existing Membership. Rights and benefits of Membership commence or are renewed once payment has been received.
6. Companies who require or who operate a purchase order system must let our Accounts Department know at least two months in advance of renewal or new Membership date. Details of these requirements should be sent to email@example.com.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, following the first year of membership, membership will automatically renew for the preceding years unless notice is given as per clause 8 below.
8. The IPM requires three months written notice of the cessation of Membership. Membership will cease at the expiration of the notice period.
9. Where a company/organisation ceases to be a Member, it must remove all references to the IPM from its stationery, promotional material and website within a suitable period.
10. After this date, use of the logo will be deemed an infringement of the IPM’s Intellectual Property Rights.
11. The IPM reserves the right to withdraw, amend or replace any of the Member benefits provided.
12. Any changes or amendments will be posted on the IPM’s website and details will be sent to each registered Member on the IPM’s email database.
Details of these requirements should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IPM reserves the right to withdraw, amend or replace any of the Member benefits provided.
Any changes or amendments will be posted on the Institute’s website and details will be sent to each registered Member on the Institute’s email database.